BOONE CAVERNS – 888-934-1804 WWW.SQUIREBOONECAVERNS.COM
EMAIL – SPELUNK@SQUIREBOONE.COM
411 Corydon, IN 47112
- 1 hour guided tours: After Labor Day –
10, 12, 2, 4
- 54 degrees – bring a light jacket or sweater
- Check website for Girl Scout offerings for
different badges. Coupon also on site.
- You can just make it a fun trip as well.
Village offers a lot if you go during the “season.”
- Lots of picnic spots on site as well as
restaurants at I 64 and 135 exit (10-15 miles from caverns).
- Nice gift shop with a variety of things at all
prices. The girls enjoyed shopping. They do have Squire Boone
Cavern patches for $3.50
- Drive through Corydon to see IN’s first
capital (N 135 to first light and turn R). 2 old fashioned ice cream
/ soda fountain shops there: Emery’s and Butt Drugs (cones =
$1). Girls enjoyed this as well. We left at 830 am and
returned at 530 pm.
- Meet at 815 am at Mrs. A’s
- Leave at 830 am for Southern, IN
- Communication Badge work for our car ride down
- Picnic 11-1145 am
- Cave tour at 12 – 1 pm
- 1-2 pm look around the village and gift shop
- Leave for home with a pit stop in Corydon for
ice cream and the first capital of Indiana
- Arrive home around 530 pm
DIRECTIONS TO SQUIRE BOONE CAVERNS; Time–2 ½ hours; 136 mi
- From CG area: Whiteland Rd
to I 65 S (88 miles)
- I 65 S to I 265 in
Southern IN –
merge onto I 265/IN 62W/ Lee H Hamilton Hwy via EXIT 6B toward I 64/New
Albany. (6.6 mi)
- Merge onto I 64 W toward St.
Louis (16.4 mi)
- Take the IN 135 exit EXIT 105 toward Palmyra / Corydon (.2 mi)
- Merge onto IN 135 towards
Corydon (11.4 mi)
- Turn L onto
Squire Boone Cavern Rd - there are signs (a
few miles to the actual site. Easy to find.