Hey Cadettes and Seniors,
I hope your summer has been relaxing & memorable! I can’t believe school is starting already. That means it is time for all of the activities to start and calendars to fill up.
I wanted to follow up with a few business items to get the year started. I will try to keep this as simple as possible. Please look through the entire email (I know it is long).
· This year is going to be a challenge with part of you Cadettes in MS and part of you Seniors in HS. I will try my best to make the meetings, events & awards work for everyone. Some offered events will need to be researched to see if all ages can attend. Please bare with me as I learn, too.
· As I mentioned last year, I would like the girls to start leading some of the meetings/trips/events. What better way to become a young leader than to practice leadership in a safe environment with a safety net. My goal is to have each girl be responsible for a minimum of 1 meeting. I know we have some shy ones out there so they can take an event/trip to make arrangements (drivers, time, date, emails, needs, funds, etc), contacts, or whatever and prepare our meeting that way. This would be more of a “behind the scenes” leader and the only talking would be in setting up the event and introducing our troop. If you want to lead a meeting for the journey, most of it is spelled out and you just have to organize it and make it interesting (games, exercises, etc.). Pick something that you know or interests you and it will be easy and enjoyable.
· As in previous years, I have attached the guidelines for the year in our “Random News of 802” newsletter. Please read/review and ask any questions. I will be going by these guidelines.
· Please fill out the attached girl info and the adult info sheets and turn into me on the first meeting.
· Please take the below survey with your parents present. Complete by August 15th so I can prepare the results and get started planning.
FIRST: REGISTRATION OF ADULTS: I will still need drivers and chaperones due to the size of the group. If you plan on helping in this way, you will need to be registered as well. If you plan to join Troop 802, please send a check to “GSCI” for $12 for the National fee (goes to programs, events, and running of GS) to me (2280 Surface Dr Greenwood, IN 46143). Thanks for your help and support!
SECONDLY: SET UP OF OUR TROOP
SEE ATTACHED “RANDOM NEWS FROM 802” FOR MORE DETAILS
§ MONEY: I’ll send individual emails re the amounts still absent from my pocket and/or the troop funds. So, please, please, please be timely with the payments. I don’t want to be mean and have strict rules. Thanks for understanding!
THIRDLY: TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS/FIELD TRIPS FOR
TROOP 802 at this point.
I will send out a COLOR CODED CALENDAR with additional offerings once the survey results are completed and dates verified.
AUG 28 KICK OFF MEETING AT KATIE’S – POOL PARTY!
SEPT 16 CG GS LOCK IN AT GHS (pool, activities, need to volunteer a little time)
NOV 12 CSI AT BSU
NOV TBA make cheeseballs (they are begging for our help)
JAN optional Paoli Peaks skiing Winter Jam
I WILL NEED ASSISTANCE IN DRIVING / CHAPARONING THIS YEAR. I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!
THOUGHTS?? QUESTIONS?? FEEDBACK??
Hope to hear from you soon! Looking forward to a fabulous year!