January 3, 2013: Center Grove Service Unit Troop meeting
The Center Grove Service Unit meeting was called to order by Victoria Franklin.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIENCE AND GIRL SCOUT PROMISE: .
SECRETARY’S REPORT by Julie Mick
A motion to approve December’s meeting minutes was led by Shawn Smith and seconded by Tracey Wischmeyer. Remember to find the error in the minutes and attend next month’s meeting for a special drawing.
TREASURER’S REPORTby Laura Stafford
Wider OP $1,178.26
REGISTRAR’S REPORT by Jennifer Kolis
· Troops may register new girls and adults any time during the year. Registration paperwork is due by the 20th of the month to guarantee being activated that month. Any registrations received after that date will be activated the following month. New members may attend 2 meetings before they must register.
· Any questions regarding registration, please email Jennifer at email@example.com
SERVICE UNIT NEWS
4. YAHOO GROUP: Any questions or know someone who needs to be added, please contact Julie Ruminer. Her e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. The loop group e-mail address is: email@example.com
SERVICE UNIT EVENTS: Information / registration fliers are on CGSU website at www.centergrovegirlscouts.com
2. Winter Jamboree: For 6-12 grade Girl Scouts Feb. 15-17th at Camp Ada. The theme is 80’s prom. Let Laura Stafford know a headcount ASAP, $ is due the day of the event. Click on the following links for more info, registration, and t-shirt order form http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/winterjaminfo.htm http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/winterjamregistration.htm http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/winterjamshirts.htm
3. Thinking Day-Saturday Feb. 23rd from 2-5 pm at Mt. Auburn Church. E-mail Kate Mickel your country choices to – firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Powder Puff Derby- Saturday March 2 at Our Lady Of Greenwood. Click on the following link for more info. http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/derby2013.pdf
5. She And Me Tea- March 10 from 3-5 pm at the German American Club on 135. More info to follow.
6. Bridging - Barb Yeager’s troop is coordinating this event for the end of the school year. They are planning a small “Girls of Distinction” part to recognize those girls who complete their Bronze Silver or Gold Award. The date and more specific info will be forthcoming.
7. Camporee- May 17, 18 & 19th at NaWaKwa. The theme is Wild Indiana. Stations included are Fish and Aquatic Life, Plants and Trees, Furs and Tracks, Feathered Friends as well as Silly Safari’s Amazon John. Click on the following links to http://centergrovegirlscouts.com/camporeeinformation.pdfhttp://centergrovegirlscouts.com/camporeeregistration.pdfhttp://centergrovegirlscouts.com/camporeeshirtorder.pdf
COUNCIL REPORTby Beth Floyd 924-6829 / email@example.com
Page Days- The House of Representatives Day is Tuesday March 19th while the Senate Page day is March 20th Info as well as registration forms were mailed out earlier this week. Contact Becky Buse for more info at
Director of Advocacy and Community Development
Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
1100 Girl Scout Lane
Terre Haute, IN 47807
The service unit meeting was adjourned by Victoria Franklin.
Next meeting: Thursday, February 7th. At 7 pm Mt. Auburn Church